Wednesday, January 11, 2012

{WiP} Wednesday ~ Week 19

WIP Wednesday at Fresly Pieced

(I'm linking with Lee at Freshly Pieced for {WiP} Wednesday)

Oh, there are SO many projects in my head that I want to DO!!

And I'm totally feeling the pressure and stress from the fact that life as I know it will end (for a while) come early April, and I just want to get things done Done DONE!!

Problem is, I spend most of my potential sewing time in a horizontal position. My unhappy uterus prefers it that way. Although my tail bones don't really prefer it that way! They start to hurt after awhile. Hurt this way, hurt that...oh, it's fun being pregnant me.

So, I do what I can, when I can. And hope for more sitting-up time tomorrow. Or the next day. :o)

But I have SO many little things that I need to get done, too, for various collaborative projects, so I need to write those down. Some might not make sense to you, but that's okay. Maybe they are supposed to be secrets. The real trick is going to be if I remember what the code means from one week to the next! :o)

Finished
  1. Last week I reported that I was making a Dresden Plate block for Kelly. I finished it, and I love it!
    FRMQG Block Swap ~ Kelly's Dresden Plate
    I don't want to make an entire quilt of Dresdens for myself, but I really do think it's a gorgeous block. Kelly picked some really great, cheery colors, which I think pretty much makes this block.  
Ummm...Yup. That's it. I did ONE thing this week. Granted, it's been a very busy week with loads of FRMQG stuff, but not much sewing got done. :)

Ongoing
  1. The Harrison Quilts -- same status as last week. Although I do believe I moved them from the chair to the box.
  2. Christmas Cards -- I got one letter written to send in the card. But I haven't sent that card. I'm not winning this battle right now.
  3. Mod Mosaic Blocks -- There are 13 people in the Mod Mosaic bee, and with them sending me 2 blocks, I will have 24 blocks made by other people. The quilt I want to make for me will be at least 48, so I've got some sewing to do!!  Plus, since it's the same block each month, just different color choices, some of us have chosen to sew ahead, and I already know what the February blocks will look like. So I need to make 2 for Laura, and, slowly, over time, 24 for me.  Personally, I think it's pretty cool that I can make ahead! Especially with the baby coming...
  4. Puppet Theater backdrop -- it's not going to be hard. I've got the fabric, I just need to sit down and sew it into a little curtain. Should take about 8 minutes. But the girls won't care, so it's not a real priority. :)
New
  1. MQG Showcase Quilt - have you heard about this? There will be a showcase of modern quilts at the Fall Quilt Market this year? RIGHT ON!!!  The call for submissions is open through March 2nd, and I've got one in my head that I need to convert into fabric. Tout de suite, Maynard!
  2. Secret Projects - in code, but hopefully coded so I can remember!
    1. SBLL - end of Feb
    2. MMKT - end of Feb
    3. PPDD - on-going
    4. L&OCG - on-going
  3. Kelly's Baby Gift(s?) -- It's okay. Kelly knows I'm going to make her something. She and I just don't quite know what, yet. :o) -- due end of Feb. NO!! Ack!! Earlier than that!! Shoot. Better get on it. Flannel blankets are for sure,
  4. Maternity Skirts - a week or two ago, I pinned a couple tutorials for converting regular skirts into maternity skirts. There's a consignment shop in town that periodically has ridiculously good sales, so I went and bought 8 skirts for $16, and plan to slice and dice them a bit, add a big belly panel, and hopefully end up with a decent maternity skirt or two! Right now, I've got one. And I'm NOT buying any more!  It's hard, though, because some of the skirts are really cute, and I don't want to cut them in case my plan goes ary, and I've now ruined what could be a nice post-partum skirt! Oh, sewing can be so risky. :o)
  5. Quilt-alongs - sigh. I've been sucked into a couple of really good ones. There are just so many good QALs this year! Dangit! 
    1. Craftsy.com is hosting a free block of the month class, taught by the lovely and talented, Amy Gibson. And it is REEEEEEdiculously popular. Holy frijoles, Batman. I just need to settle down and settle on a fabric line I want to use. It's all video, and it's all fun and friendly and really great for new sewists!
    2. Katy of I'm A Ginger Monkey is hosting the Swoon Along. Now, I my mommy brain isn't that bad. I know I cursed the day the Swoon block was created. And cursed the day(s) I had to make one. But the finished quilt is really gorgeous, and my aunt wants me to make a quilt for my favorite uncle, and he loves stars, and I have some gloriously gorgeous blue and green fabric that he would love, and I already have the pattern, and 2 other girls in my guild are going to do it, too. So, basically, it's a labor of love, right? Remind me of this when I'm, again, cursing the day the 65 triangles and 81 pieces were created. :o)
  6. Bee Blocks
    1. do.Good Stitches {Faith} Circle - Oh, right. We're taking January off. SWEET!!
    2. Bee Happy Bee (which, by the way, is the bestest bee on the face of the Earth) - we're making 2 blocks for Janice -- one "maker's choice" with triangles and flying geese and pinwheels, and the other with a set-in circle.
  7. My Baby's Quilt - I know what fabrics I want to use, and I kinda know what pattern I want to use, but that's as far as I've gotten! I know full well that he won't know if I don't get it done before he's born. :)
  8. T-shirt Quilts - I think I mentioned this before? But I'm going to be making 2 t-shirt quilts, over time, along with a friend of mine who has a bunch of t-shirts from days gone by. One of mine will be for Dave, from his shirts, and the other will be for his cousin, made with shirts from her high school athletic events. Step 1: wash the shirts that have been in a gray bin since 2004 and have been carted all over the globe. :o)
  9. Sprout's Goodnight Moon Quilt- my child loves the book, Goodnight Moon. She wants to sleep with it she loves it so bad! Well, yesterday I saw a Goodnight Moon panel and some backing fabric, so I got it. I figure a quilt is better than a book, right? It shouldn't take me too long, since it's a panel, and all. And it will save me from having to tape-mend the pages of her lovey.
Oh my goodness. I can't even look at that without thinking I'm insane!! Now, we should all realize that I realize that these aren't all going to be done anytime soon. Some of them are truly on-going projects that don't have any urgency, so they will stay low on the priority list.

The main reason I wanted to get all this down is so that I can have a place to refer back to when I feel like it's time to rest on my laurels a bit. This list isn't about impressing anyone or making anyone think I'm off my rocker. It's for me. Somewhere that won't get covered up with junk. :)

With that, I wish you all the best this week! I hope you and I both get a lot accomplished! :)

7 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful block. I love the polka dotted center. Making dresdens is on my quilt bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow - you've got a great list of stuff going! Good luck getting it all squeezed in there by April. I know how that goes. Hope your pregnancy is treating you kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFLMAO, I thought I had a lot on, and I'm not even pregnant ;o) I wish you the best of luck with that list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do this. Make up a huge post of what I want to get done and get-er-done. I tend to have crafty ADD and jump from here to there, and then a few months down the line remember that "hey, didn't I want to get this done months ago?" Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! You have a huge list. I wish you luck with it and I hope you are feeling better. Have you tried to go swimming, or just floating on the water? That helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Dresden is beautiful! Good luck with your list, and thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?